-=PCTechTalk=- Re: firefox and crawler toolbar,p.s.

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 00:03:56 -0400

Only if you think there's something in there you might want back.  I've had
several things moved into those areas that I knew were false positives and I
had to go back in and tell the app to release them, then disable the app and
compress the marked files so they wouldn't be removed again.  I don't
recommend this approach to anyone who doesn't know how to positively tell a
false positive from a true threat, but it's still possible to do.

If you remove everything other than the quarantine folder, the new install
will most likely not know what those files used to be.  So the time to
un-quarantine them would be before the full uninstall.

Peace,
Gman