-=PCTechTalk=- Re: firefox and crawler toolbar,p.s.

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 20:35:16 -0400

Cristy,
    Are you running an older version of Spybot?  If so, that's the problem.
The Update server is geared towards serving up definition files and updates
for the newer version only.  Even if you have a newer version, something
within it is not handling the updates properly and needs to be reinstalled.
The only right way to do that is to fully uninstall, reboot and then install
the latest version of the utility.  The link below will take you through the
steps.

http://www.spybot.info/en/howto/uninstall.html

Peace,
Gman