-=PCTechTalk=- Re: connection error in Outlook Express

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 15:00:08 -0500

Thanks for the suggestion.  I had called my ISP but it was a Saturday so
really did not expect much of a response and did not get any.  In the
meantime I googled the error message and found some suggestions for fixing
it.  Tried the easy ones first which was to disable virus protection and
firewall and try again. That did not work but I had sent these two things to
enable again on reboot and as soon as I rebooted my messages started coming
in.  The last things I had done was run Norton's live update and install a
Microsoft security patch.  I am assuming something in Live update messed
things up as it was updating Norton's antivirus.
Anyway it is working properly again!
Sandi
P.S.  It was handy to be able to us G-mail during this glitch in O.E.