-=PCTechTalk=- Re: computer woes

  • From: "Judith/agoodread.com" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 18:51:21 -0800

I have had this computer about five years, is that considered an
old
computer now?

_________________
Most would say yes but it depends on what you use it for.  I had
my HP Pavilion for 5 years and it worked just fine until the
digital paint progams I used required more RAM than it would
accept.

So I bought a super duper computer in 2003 but I planned ahead
because I did not want to keep updating my computer.  I thought
1 gig of RAM would be enough.  Foolish me.  I now have 2 gigs
and soon plan on having 4.

I still used my HP for being on the Internet for another 2 years
because I had dial up at the time and didn't want to expose my
new machine to virus, etc.  When wireless DSL came to my small
remote town, I stopped using the HP because it couldn't be
hooked up to my router.

I then gave it to my grandsons because with 1 gig of ram it will
play their educational games.  As far as I know it's still going
strong and it's 9 years old now.

I don't plan on updating this computer for another 5 or 6  years
because I can paint, make animated movies on it and anything
else I want to do.

I paid a hefty price for this machine but I already figure I got
my money back on it and more during the 4 years it's been
running.  To me, computers are like cars.  You can either have a
Porsche or a pinto -- they both get you where you want to go if
they're in good running order.

Judith