-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Win Media problem

  • From: dktrfaustus@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:38:11 +0100

On 13 Apr 2005 at 9:25,  milady wrote:
> When I try to use Win Media WITH SP2 installed I am NOT able to
> prntscrn to get still captures.  It works fine without SP2..... in
> IE..  Wont' work either with Real player. Wish I could figure out
> WHY?..

The PrintScreen method may have worked for you in the past, but it's
not a function which was ever intended by the programmers. I could be
wrong about this, but I don't think there's any function in Windows
Media Player or Real Player for screen captures. You need a media
player that will take these snapshots.

[addendum]
However, a quick Google-search revealed that some people have had
success with the PrintScreen method after turning off Video
Acceleration in WMP's Preferences.
[/addendum]

Faustus