-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Visual Basic 5

  • From: "Faustus" <dktrfaustus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 12:59:34 +0100

You haven't mentioned what OS your friend has. Visual Basic 6 should work
fine on 95/98 and up. The very latest version, Visual Basic .NET, requires
XP/NT/2000. By 'requires', it means that it will only work on the specified
OS.

For the purposes of your friend's course, VB5 should be fine. As long as the
PC running his programs has a suitable VB service pack installed (and most
of us already do, or can obtain one easily enough), the games will most
likely work OK.

Faustus