-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Verify?

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 21:48:01 -0400

Yes, sort of.  The files the System Restore feature creates will contain
system information and configuration data and that is where many viruses and
other bad things place themselves.  It is likely that is the "secret place"
he was telling you about.

Just delete all the old restore points.  Disable System restore.  Scan and
clean system with two or three different programs for each of the threats
you are concerned about (viruses, adware, spyware etc).  Re-enable system
restore.  Create a new restore point.