-=PCTechTalk=- Verify?

  • From: "Michael Scott" <conrod@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 09:00:33 +0930

Group,
Before the reformat I checked out my system and got rid of a couple of nasties
and seemed to have a clean system. I asked the "tec' if he had found anything
and was expecting a no but he said I had about 7 bugs.

His explanation was that I could delete cookies and scan everything but there
was a "copy"????? of these cookies somewhere and that they would have these
"bugs" as well and he wouldn't tell me where to find it because I might mess up
the machine..........(Great gales of laughter followed by rib holding)

I know there are hidden files somewhere but I don't touch any settings or
change that sort of stuff. I admit to a weakness and told him to file his
secret in any handy orifice.
Are there in fact copies hidden somewhere that may hold onto virus's, trojans
etc?