-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Strange screen on start up

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 09:21:36 -0400

(A slightly different version of this reply was sent to Cindra in response
to a private email but I did want to share the solutions I found with the
group)

To fix the problem...  it used to be very simple in older versions of
Windows.  I couple of simple clicks and it was done.  Now it appears that
you need to download a utility called TweakUI to do what you want done.

Read this forum article:
http://www.belchfire.net/article308.html

I just found another article that may also apply that does not require
TweakUI:

http://www.broadbandreports.com/faq/7592

Or do a Google search for your own research:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=bypass+welcome+screen&btnG=Search

Please read at least those two articles before you take any action.  And
then exercise your judgement as you proceed

Don