-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Spyware Terminator

  • From: "Steve Aiello" <deacondeamon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 19:52:02 -0500

Gman and Sandi
  I kept finding an item on my startup list called "uninstall_CToolbar".
This is that crawler toolbar that SP tries to install.  I did not let this
be installed and now  I cannot delete this from startup without uninstalling
the the whole ST program.
 I can not find this in any of the add/remove programs, ( regcleaner and
windows ).
 When I remove it from the startup list from regcleaner. Than do a search
for it I come up with 3 entries for it I delete them restart the machine and
it comes back.
 Don't know if it's affecting anything and ZA has not said anything about
athis program wanting to access the net.
 In the week or so I've had ST on here I have found that unless you run the
real time (CToolbar) it is not anymore effective than Adaware, AVG and
Spybot S&D.
 As I don't like anything put on my machine without my permission I am going
to take this program and flush it.
 That's it
 Steve