-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Special Deals & Steals

  • From: "Janet" <wightway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 21:32:34 +0100

Perhaps you could explain what "rebates" are.  We pay a purchase tax of =
17.50% which is always inclusive of the price unless otherwise stated.  =
Most prices are stated to be inclusive of VAT as it is called.  Its a =
collector of taxes tax;  in other words employers are collecting tax for =
the Inland Revenue, or the IRS in your case.
How is the rebate applied?  Unless we understand, we cannot assess =
whether or not we are getting a comparable deal to what you are getting =
across the Pond.

Janet

----- Original Message -----=20
From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Sorry to hear that the rebates are not as readily available outside =
the U.S. They should get rid of rebates altogether and give us the item =
for the better price... then, poor saps like me won't forget to send in =
the rebate, which is what they hope for in the first place!