-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Safe Mode for Laptop?

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 22:43:26 -0400

The primary way that folks access Safe Mode is to repeatedly press the F8
key at a specific point during bootup.  All computers give you a two second
period of time where it is receptive to this key.  If you time it right,
you'll be rewarded with a menu that includes Safe Mode as one of numerous
options.  If you do it too early, some computers will bring up a menu that
allows you to choose to boot to your optical drive, floppy or primary boot
(hard) drive.  If you do it too late, the system will siimply continue to
boot up normally.  The correct time varies slightly from system to system,
but it's usually about the time that the company logo first appears.  If
your system BIOS is set to not show the logo, you'll likely have to
experiment a bit instead.

The method that Dan sent in is an alternative method that I provide for
people who have an especially difficult time working out the F8 timing.

Peace,
Gman

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php