-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Safe Mode for Laptop?

  • From: Dan Chisolm <d0ct0rdan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 17:46:02 -0400

HB,

The procedure for starting a computer in safe mode is operating system
dependent; not the type of computer.  For Windows:
1. Click the Start button
2. Click Run
3. Type "msconfig" (without the quote marks)
4. Click OK
5. Click on the Boot.ini tab
6. Check the box beside /Safeboot
7. Click OK
8. Click restart
Note: To return to normal mode, follow steps 1 – 8 above EXCEPT for step 6.
Instead, for step 6,  you should remove the check.

After that, upon booting in normal mode, you will see “System Configuration
Utility” screen.  Placing a check in the box on that screen will keep it from
appearing each time you boot.

~ Dan

> From: HandsomeBlck@xxxxxxx
> Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 11:53:20 -0400
> Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Safe Mode for Laptop?
> To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Hello all,
>      I am hoping someone can help me access my laptop in safe mode. It's a
> Compaq Presario running XP Home.
> Thanks,
>
> HB

OR