-=PCTechTalk=- Re: OE versus the competition

  • From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 20:37:05 -0500

There should be an export and import in the addressbook. Open the
addressbook.  Look under file.  Click export.  Select other addressbook.
Then do one for each type available (just in case).  Then remember where
you put the files.  Open Calypso.  Go to file.  Go to addressbook.  Click
import.  Try the exchange one first.  If it doesn't work, then repeat the
last steps (from starting Calypso) and then import the text file (comma
separated values).

It's really not as hard as it might seem.

On 6/18/2003 at 5:56 PM a whisper was heard, and the one known as milady
was rumoured to have uttered....

          |  I guess I don't understand how to work the export
          |  system..when I get to=
          |   save as where do I go with OE???
          |
          |           Mary Lou
          |           >> * ^ *<<
          |  kg6ocz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

          |  >          |
          |  >          |
          |  >          |  > Calypso.  Not flashy, but very powerful and
          |  pretty secure
          |  >          |  when set up.
          |  >          |  > It's highly configurable and it has an
          |  encrypted=
          |   addressbook
          |  >          |  .  Doesn't
          |  >          |  > read newsgroups, but I have another program I
          |  use for that
          |  >          |  and it is also
          |  >          |  > pretty secure and highly configurable allowing
          |  address
          |  >          |  spoofing which
          |  >          |  > boogers the spambots that frequent them.
          |  >          |  >
          |  >          |  >
          |  >          |  > On 6/18/2003 at 10:14 AM a whisper was heard,
          |  and the one
          |  >          |  known as kg6ocz
          |  >          |  > was rumoured to have uttered....
          |  >          |  >
          |  >          |  >           |  OK so WHAT are you using???
          |  >          |  >           |
          |  >          |  >           |
          |  >          |  >           |  > Virii are not the only thing
          |  that plagues
          |  >          |  Outlook and
          |  >          |  >           |  Outlook Express.
          |  >          |  >           |  The
          |  >          |  >           |  > addressbook is very vulnerable
          |  and that
          |  >          |  vulnerability alone
          |  >          |  >
          |  >          |  > ********* And So It Was ***********
          |  >          |  >
          |  >          |  > To unsub or change your email settings:
          |  >          |  > //www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk
          |  >          |  >
          |  >          |  > To access our Archives:
          |  >          |  >
          |  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PCTechTalk/messages/
          |  >          |  > //www.freelists.org/archives/pctechtalk/
          |  >          |  >
          |  >          |  > For more info:
          |  >          |  >
          |  //www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/list?list_id=3Dpctechtalk
          |  >          |  >
          |  >          |  >
          |  >          |
          |  >          |
          |  >          |  ---
          |  >          |  Checked by AVG anti-virus system
          |  (http://www.grisoft.com).
          |  Date:
          |  >          |  6/16/2003
          |  >          |
          |  >          |
          |  >          |  To unsub or change your email settings:
          |  >          |  //www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk
          |  >          |  To access our Archives:
          |  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PCTechTalk/messages/
          |  >          |  //www.freelists.org/archives/pctechtalk/