-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Need help guys

  • From: "GMan" <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 15:24:35 -0500

Don,
    I may have the cure you need.  Look for an app called CookieCop2.  It
runs as a proxy and handles more than just cookies.  I can selectively
banish advertisers entire sites, or just preent then from dropping cookies.
It can even automatically convert individual cookies to session only, which
is something that should work for your newsletters.  CookieCop2 came out in
2002, but it works flawlessly under WinXP.  It even cooperates beautifully
with my ZoneAlarm Security Suite.  As a bonus, double clicking on the
Notification Area's icon will quickly show you who is sending stuff to your
system, including the affiliates the main web site is using.  Block
Doubleclick.net from one site and they're blocked from all.  Simple, cleam
and no more HOSTS file editing.       lol

Peace,
GMan