-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Need Help with Virus

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 17:37:22 -0700

Hi Don,
you will probably need to download one of the spyware removal programs on=
 another computer
and burn it to a CD or put it on a USB flash/pen drive and run it in safe=
 mode with the modem disconnected.

A-Squared if getting good reviews at removing Trojans an virus.
http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

Mike the mod
******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 10/3/2005 at 11:07 PM donelias@xxxxxxxx wrote:

I have a virus on my W98SE system that I don't know how to
get rid of.  I don't have a name for it.  All I know is that it
continuously tries to download some exe programs from
zviframe.biz.  So to keep from having the virus interfere
with other functions on the computer, I have to refrain
from connecting to the internet.  I would like to Google
zviframe.biz and see what info that would yield but if I
connect to the internet the active part of the virus gets
reloaded and I cannot access the internet.

Can anyone with internet access research this for me.
My version of AVG does not find a virus but it is an
older version and I cannot connect to the internet and
download an updated version.

Thanks in advance.

Don Elias