-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Mozilla Mail

  • From: DavisUnit <davist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 22:24:08 -0300

A while back, it sounded as though you in fact were successful in moving Local
Folder subfolders into the area where you wanted them.  But, you obviously
still are missing emails.  This may or may not work, but certainly worth a
shot....
1. Within Mozilla, make a new folder such as "Old", then close all open Mozilla
programs.
2. Search your hard drive(s) for a folder named "Mail" (Mozilla keeps it's mail
in this folder).  At least one Mail folder containing your current email will
be found, and you can confirm this by viewing the dates of files within the
folder.  Hopefully, you will have another "Mail" folder with subfolders that
look familiar to you in relation to your old email.  If not, you can stop
reading here.
3. If you found another Mail folder, look in it (and possibly into deeper
subfolders) for a file named "Inbox".  Copy this file.
email.  Navigate it's subfolders until you find "Old" and paste into here.
5. Start Mozilla Mail, and you should see the old Inbox email now in the Old
folder.  You can repeat the above steps with any other old email folders.

Terry