-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Motherboard died....

  • From: Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 12:28:01 -0400

Fantastic suggestions there Rose.  I wish I were that organized!   My wife
comes
close, thank God, but I hate paperwork.  I just throw all that stuff in a
drawer
and prey I never need to find it again <laugh>
 Regards,

 Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy"
           ,,,,,,
          Ô¿Ô¬'
 -----------<========<<0++0>>========>-----------
            Cincinnati, OH -- Scottsdale, AZ
 -----------<========<<0++0>>========>-----------
 "A Wise Man can see more from the bottom of a well than a Fool can see from
the
top of a mountain."

-----------========0++0========-----------
On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 01:11:00 -0700, Tech Rose - LoveBytes wrote:

> [...]
|  put on the plastic page to keep it closed as the manual is about a
|  half inch thick.  It is not a very helpful manual, but I have it.
|  lol!  It has more to do with installing the operating system and
|  stuff.  Who knows, someday I may care more about what it says.  Of
|  course, it is a generic book although it was supposedly
|  written/put together for my machine.
|
|  In the cd/dvd section, I have the disks that came with the system
|  or the restore disks we create.
|  I also have lots of the cd's/dvd's of programs that are installed
|  on the computer.
|  Most of the programs that are on our computers are on shelves in
|  the closet.
|
|  The closet was suppose to be for clothes. (Some people think they
|  need those things...lol!)
|  Jerry took off the double doors (They are hiding behind my dining
|  room china hutch.  No one can see them.)
|  He then put in shelves all the way across the closet.) This closet
|  also has all the spare parts, and some stuff that should be
|  donated or recycled.  We have all our office supplies in there
|  too. There is never enough room.  We are going to address that
|  this summer.
|
|  We do NOT go out and play in the 100+ -110+ temps.  In other
|  words, we will be home LOTS between now and mid October.
|
|  I strongly suggest everyone have such a book.  It is so much
|  easier when you have to call tech support and they want all these
|  numbers. Another thing I do, I know..I know..I know..I am so
|  analytical I drive folks nuts...........
|
|  On the cd's white envelopes.... I write the serial number in large
|  letters so you can actually read them!
|  I also write which pc the software is in and the date it was
|  installed. This way, if we forget to put it back in the book (a
|  crime with a severe penalties  lol!), we can put it back in the
|  right book. This also helps knowing the expiration date of
|  subscriptions like Norton.
|
|  It is just so nice to go to one place and have all the information
|  available.
|
|  AND...it really impresses the tech guys..and hey take you
|  seriously.  They 'think' you know what you are talking about!
|  I have no contacts or I would copyright this book and get the
|  computer companies to give them to their customers.  It would be
|  beneficial for them to help them for their tech depts!
|  I have done the informal copyright thing, but, I would like to
|  market this... I do not even want so much money as I would like
|  folks to be able to get help when they need it.  If they have the
|  information they need to tell the tech, it makes life easier for
|  the techs and the techs can tell them look at this page..or
|  whatever.
|  -------------------------------------------------------------------
|  -------------- Ok..I have rambled on enough..... Gotta go to bed.
|  Mail is being weird...
|  Yahoo must be messing with me.  I have not gotten mail for a few

| |
| |
| |  After all my questions...I have found out what is wrong with my
| |  new pc and it has nothing to do with Vista.
| |
| |  I kept telling the store/techs that they were using Vista as a
| |  scapegoat, that the errors made NO sense.
| |
| |  The crashing all on its own made no sense that it would be
| |  Vista.
| |
| |  It was the mother board...finally, they have decided that is
| |  the problem and
| |  are now awaiting a new one which will take a week ..or more....
| |  grrrrrrrrr!
| |  This is after they had it almost for a week (this time) to
| |  decide what the error was!
| |
| |  They make the computer, you would think it would be faster.
| |
| |  I am glad I ran Belarc too.  When I get my pc back I can run it
| |  and compare it with the original...
| |
| |  I will return...honest....
| |