-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Help with updating XP Pro

  • From: "Sandy" <sandy.rick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 13:41:06 -0400

I'm confused and needing help with updating.  I go up from Start>Windows
Update and see two options:

#1) Express - get high-priority updates (recommended)  Install Update 66.9
mb
High-priority updates
Windows XP Service Pack 3 (KB936929)

#2) Custom
Microsoft strongly recommends you install XP Service Pack 3 - Download and
Install Now OR

Review and Install Other Updates
If you do not install Windows XP SP3 other updates might still apply to your
computer        so I click on this option and it shows:

104 updates 115.1 MB and shows them as high-priority updates

So I'm wondering as I read that the first option includes ALL updates up to
that point.  But the 2nd option sure is a much larger file?

When I first got this pc up and running I did go to update and get all the
critical ones listed and just left SP3 alone, cause even tho I was only
using Me at the time, I'd heard
lots of talk about this update crashing pcs, but like you said, it was a
while back and maybe not official.  I just thought one of the members on
here just recently talked about
SP3 messing up his pc??  Maybe not.

Just call me confused!  Again!

Sandy