-=PCTechTalk=- Re: HAVING TROUBLE RECEIVING WILDLIFE STREAMING VIDEO

  • From: "Jan Robey" <hrstreak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "_PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 07:52:47 -0400

Hi G,
I have so many seniors going to these wildlife cams that when they are in
trouble I usually check most of what you are asking here...so I guess I'm
saying each one's disc info would be different, as would RAM etc.  But
luckily, or not, I am having the same problem here with my two computers.
My most recent computer is running Vista, RAM 3gigs, hard drive 80 gigs with
12 gigs used, cable, & wireless.  This computer use to get them all with no
real problems, but now 3 of the 4 sites do not work.  It isn't the
occasional one or two day down because of cam problems...it has been three
weeks since they worked.  Now my second computer about 4 or 5 years old,
running XP, 1gig RAM, 60gig hard drive with 40 gigs used, cable, direct to
wall.  This computer has no difficulty with those sites.

The only major event is that the newest computer had a problem a month ago &
Dell's tech support wiped the hard drive clear & set it back up with an
image hard drive.  The tech told me that meant it was set up exactly like it
came from the factory.

I hope this helps to get us back on the websites in a viewable manner.

Thanks,
Jan