-=PCTechTalk=- Re: GMAIL

  • From: "David F. Wooledge" <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "@freelistts PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 00:59:49 -0700 (PDT)

Dave, and others,
If the Gmail bots read all your mail, and insert ads how to you keep the ads
and your mail off your system.  Are you not using the Gmail to send and read
mail?  I see that you used a Jamil address to send the message I have placed
below. If you do use Gmail to send and\or read mail, how do you keep the bots
from reading the mail also and inserting the ads?  Just curious.

Also I have never had AOL access anything except when I synchronize my local
address book with the AOL address book on their server so it is up to date when
I go on the road and need to get on the Internet with AOL dial up, or when I
run AOL's very good spyware scanner and eliminator, but again I told AOL to
install that and I control when it runs and what it deletes.  It always finds
more spyware then Spybot and Adaware.  And when I wanted to cancel an account,
even though I was offered a free month or two, when I said I wanted to cancel
there never was a problem.  You just tell them you want to cancel and you do
not free months or anything else.  If they ask a reason just say it costs too
much or the service is poor or whatever and you do not want the service anymore.
The other Dave W.

Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 17:47:32 -0400
From: "David J. Weaver" <djweaver@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: GMAIL

I access through a stand alone computer isolated from my network.  I
also block all traffic by default. So when something comes in I have
to approve.  Any thing that come Thur has to be approved including
everytime I retrieve email or go to refresh.  So far Google has not
tried to access anything.

Dave