-=PCTechTalk=- Re: GMAIL

  • From: Mstrauss24@xxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 19:18:27 EDT

In a message dated 10/1/2004 1:44:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
djweaver@xxxxxxxxx writes:
> To a degree is just that.  you can keep them out to a degree.  But
> what about what you can't.  I can keep Google out of my computer 100%
> of the time.
>
> Dave

Hi Dave,
If you block their cookies while trying to use them, they will block you.
So while you're accessing Google, they are gathering info whether you realize
it or not.  The cookie may be deleted immediately after you leave Google, but
by then, they have pretty much what they want.  Only files that are password
protected are safe.

       Emma
mstrauss24@xxxxxxx