-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Default boot system

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 17:42:28 -0400

Don,
    Actually, the one I use was released back in 1998, so I went looking for
a newer version.  Turns out you can download it yourself from the link below
(which also lists a bunch of other cool tools you might want to try).  If I
find a newer version, I'll post that as well.

http://www.mchorse.com/nttools.htm

    The boot menu doesn't look like this inside the file..  There are 5
choices.

Opens the XP Command Console.
C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons

Boots into my C drive's XP in normal & Safe modes.
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="WinXP Pro [C]" /noexecute=optin
/fastdetect /usepmtimer
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="WinXP Pro Safe Mode [C]"
/safeboot:minimal /usepmtimer

Boots into the D drive's XP in either mode.
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="WinXP Pro [D]" /noexecute=optin
/fastdetect /usepmtimer
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="WinXP Pro Safe Mode [D]"
/safeboot:minimal /usepmtimer

Hopefully, it will show up right this time.

C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="WinXP Pro [C]" /noexecute=optin
/fastdetect /usepmtimer
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="WinXP Pro Safe Mode [C]"
/safeboot:minimal /usepmtimer
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="WinXP Pro [D]" /noexecute=optin
/fastdetect /usepmtimer
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="WinXP Pro Safe Mode [D]"
/safeboot:minimal /usepmtimer

Peace,
Gman