-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Can't update anti virus more info

  • From: Terry from Montana <wannalearn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 20:06:21 -0500 (EST)

I found the hosts file, they are all .backup file types. Looked at "blocked
content" in Opera and security settings in IE and whatever it was in Firefox
and SeaMonkey but I don't really know what I'm looking for and what to do to
fix it. Also it adds /localstart.asp to URL of the anti-virus sites. It lets me
go to Panda's online scan page but the link to "scan now" doesn't work, it
actually worked in Opera, but then I was told I needed to use it in Firefox or
IE. I got the active x control downloaded and installed! But now it's
downloading Active Scan 2.0, I'm afraid it probably won't finish, somewhere
I'll be stopped, but I guess I may as well try, maybe somehow the infection
doesn't stop Panda?

 I was able to download e-stop sign's antivirus but when I tried to open it it
said:
"Your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements for eAcceleration
Setup.
Please correct the problems listed below.  Then run the install again." And the
problem listed was: "You do not have the correct registry permissions to
install.
Please contact http://support.stopsign.com for help."