-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Boot Disk Failure

  • From: Warren Standifird <wstandifird@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 12:55:56 -0700

Hi Gman & Don,

Sorry I haven't kept up with you, but I just got home. The drive that came with
the computer is a Maxtor IDE, but the drive that I tried to install is a
Western Digital Sata I believe. It came off one of my son's old computers so I
don't have any documentation with it.

Anyway the second drive has now been completely removed. Right now I just want
to get the IDE working again and we can deal with the second drive later.
During fooling around with it the jumber came off and I tried putting it in all
four positions to no avail. Last night the light was really bad so now I plan
to recheck all of the connections and if I don't find anything wrong, I will
replace the ribbon cable.

Warren