-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Articles of interest???

  • From: "Jo Ann Weaver" <hillfarm3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:58:58 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

 Bob
Thank you for this information. I had reinstalled WinXP home because of a
new hard drive and it's been bugging me to activate Windows. As soon as I
saw your message, I went and activated. Just took a couple of clicks. Maybe
just in time, huh?  My Dell came with it installed. I assume this is what
you were talking about.

Jo Ann

http://www.newsfactor.com/story.xhtml?story_id=30712

Microsoft has disabled a product key that allowed OEMs to automatically
activate Microsoft software. Now users will be required to call in and
answer a series of questions to have the product activated
Here are some articles that may be of interest.