-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AVG 2011

  • From: "Sr. Dorothy Robinson" <srdorothy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 13:31:19 -0800

Hi, HB--
It's just that the older version has reached it's end of life...and you'll
need to upgrade to the new engine, which will then have updates available.
I always do a search for "free AVG" since otherwise it can be hard to find
the free version.  Haven't yet upgraded for our couple of Windows machines,
but will do so soon.  In the past I have not experienced trouble when doing
an AVG engine upgrade.

Sr. Dorothy

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 12:48 PM, <HandsomeBlck@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello all,
>     I was trying to download the latest update to AVG ver 8.5.449 for my
> laptop, and the screen said it will no longer have updates after 31 Dec.
> The
> update failed to install. The screen also suggested to upgrade to AVG 2011.
> Has anyone upgraded to AVG? Any problems?
>
> Thanks,
>
> HB

in the Subject.