-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AVG ?

  • From: "DH (Rick) Holmes" <hayvan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:28:26 +1300

Don,
AVG should deal with this automatically unless the trojans are in your
SystemRestore files, then it won't.  I have written about this before,
and the way to get rid of them if they ARE in the SysRestore folder is
to disable SysRestore (go in to the app and follow the guides), reboot
and then re-enable SysRestore.
The downside of this is that all your previous footprints will be lost,
and it becomes impossible to restore your system to any previous date.
There may be ways to avoid this loss by saving system restore files, but
I don't know whether it can be done.  Someone might.
HTH
Rick H