-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AAAhhhhh I don't believe it!!!

  • From: "TimR" <timr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 21:19:59 -0400

=20
Take your pc back from that twit and get it to a certifiable computer =
store
and they can run a special recovery program to bring back your files.

I myself mistakenly formatted my backup drive instead of my C drive
and once I realized the error, I got 98% of my stuff back. Be forewarned
that a recovery may change the filenames of every file you had.=20
i.e., Filename.jpg > Fil01.jpg or Filename.doc to Fil012.doc=20
same goes for all extensions) and everyone of these files have to be=20
reopened to see what they were and renamed.
You wont get the folders back either. You will have to make new folders
and place them back in their proper folders after recovery...
I had more than 80,000 files in it and since the mistake, I've spent=20
the past few months poring over them one by one and I'm still working on
them
to this day...

Good Luck=20

TimR=20