-=PCTechTalk=- Re: 3GB or 3.5GB of memory--which is best?

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 20:09:23 -0400

One more thing, Rudy.  IF one set of matched sticks is designed to run
slower than the other set, the entire cluster of 4 sticks will run at that
lower speed.  This is assuming that both sets are within the max speed of
the mainboard.  If one set is rated at the speed of the mainboard and the
other is rated higher, they would both be running at the lower speed anyway
since the mainboard can't run them any faster than its max.

"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"