-=PCTechTalk=- My Documents Folder Hang

  • From: "Trabar" <trabar@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 16:54:21 -0700

Now this is a strange problem and one which irritates the heck
out of me.  I notice when I go into My Documents and click a
folder with a 2000 date (meaning I made it then) -- it does not
hang.  It immediately clicks over to the contents of the
folder.

Any folder saved in 2001 or 2002 when clicked on, hangs and I
have to wait anywhere from 30 seconds to one minute for it to
click over to the contents.

If I have sub-folders in my 2000 folders which were made in
2001 or 2002, they also hang.

Does anyone have a guess why this is happening?  Is there
something that needs updating in Windows 98?

And, yes I have defragged my computer less than 2 days ago and
still have this problem.  So I know it's not because the
contents are scattered all over my hard drive.

Judith