-=PCTechTalk=- Comcast and AOL connection

  • From: HandsomeBlck@xxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 09:29:46 EDT

Hello all,
     In our home network, we have two PC's (desktop and laptop), and two
MAC's (desktop and laptop). We moved from Los Angeles to Fresno, and switched
broadband from Charter to Comcast. All computers connected to IE, Safari (MAC
browser) and AOL just fine in Los Angeles. And the laptops connected also when
on
vacation.
     However, now in Fresno, both of my wife's MAC's won't connect to AOL
(error - Failed to establish a full connection). But both will connect to
Safari
just fine. Then yesterday, I tested my laptop for the first time. It connects
to IE, but not AOL. My desktop connects to IE and AOL just fine.
     With the service startup install, Comcast supplied a combo modem/router
(Linksys wcg200v2-cc). After discussions with AOL, Linksys, and Comcast, I am
really confused with all of them pointing to the others.
     Has anyone ever dealt with this before? I'm not sure what to do next. As
the saying goes, "When Mama's not happy......".
Thanks,

HB

 See what's free at
http://www.aol.com.