-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Comcast and AOL connection

  • From: "Don Wilcox" <Dwilcox3@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 10:58:01 -0400

My first step would be to check all possible security settings in AOL, the
computers and the router/modem.  Compare them all to the settings for your
desktop and look for a key difference that might explain the problem.

Then contact the appropriate support site, explain the differences you found
and ask about any possible impact on the connection.

I admit I am biased, but AOL has a long history of creating problems on
computers in order to enhance the user's AOL experience.  All other parties
to the problem have pretty solid reputations.  Especially Linksys.  So I
would start with AOL as the likely culprit, but keep an open mind.

Don