[pchelpers] Re: transfering data between pc's

  • From: "Robert McLellan" <bobmclellan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 07:25:37 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "G.R. Hanson" <grhanson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I have cable internet on the old pc.  So does that mean it has the
> 'card' it is suppose to have to use a network cable between the two to
> transfer data?

            Not necessarly, the 'cable internet' could be USB.  But you
should be familiar with USB connectors right?  If the end looks like a large
telephone end then it is a network cable.

> I know the new pc has a network card.
>
> Any instructions for the 'easy' part? grin
>
> (I don't have this cable yet.)
>
> Re-Na

                Like John said.  Once they are hooked together with the same
'workgroup' then you can just 'copy and paste' any folders you want.  We
generally copy the whole hdd to the new computer putting it in a folder
called 'old computer'.  That way you have anything that might have been on
there.  When you know you have everything you need, in 6 months or so, you
can delete the folder.

Bob McLellan