[pchelpers] Re: transfer data, please help

  • From: "G.R. Hanson" <grhanson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCHelpers" <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 20:40:50 -0500

Hello everyone.
I went and found some very helpful information here:
http://kb.indiana.edu/data/ahcj.html?cust=9164821.2065.30
I was able to set up direct cable connection from the old win 98 pc, and make
it the Host.
I was able to go to Network Connections and make a new connection to directly
connect to another computer as a Guest.  I did it step by step using those
instructions.

So far, so good.

I put that cable that I'm assuming is a crossover cable in the spot where the
cable modem goes on both computers <while they are shut down>.

I don't know, but maybe the cable is bad.

On the new computer, if I try to use it first, I get this message:  Error 777
The operation failed because the modem for the other connecting service is out
of order.

If I start with the old computer as Host, I get the error of a big red x.
In Direct Cable Connection it says:  This connection is not functioning
properly.  And to try again later.

Any suggestions?

Re-Na Hanson / Arkansas USA