[pchelpers] Re: repair 'sent' or 'deleted' messages folders in Outlook Express???

  • From: "G.R. Hanson" <grhanson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 23:17:32 -0600

Well, I was just tickled pink reading these replies.

I saved my deleted.dbx files to another directory.
I closed OE, opened windows explorer, and deleted the deleted.dbx files.
Then I opened OE again, and when I clicked on deleted, it went effortlessly to
the
folder and opened up.  Wow, so easy I said.

Ok, then I transferred the data <just for practice> back into deleted.dbx from
the
directory I saved it in.

Opened OE, clicked on deleted.....

and the hour glass hung and hung and I had to do the ctrl/alt/del to have it
tell me
that it is not responding again.

GRRRRrrrrrr.

You say, ok, empty your deleted files and be done with it.  Well, I DO and I
HAVE
BEEN and I WILL.  But sometimes someone says, hey, I need this or that and I
just
deleted the file, and I need to access that file.  It's nice to be able to get
it if
it's not 'gone forever'.. if ya know what I mean.

So, what now?
Suggestions all you great minds out there???? grin

Signed,

A not so great mind out there,

G.R. Hanson
Arkansas USA