[pchelpers] Re: repair 'sent' or 'deleted' messages folders in Outlook Express???

  • From: Tonia <ltonwannabe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 02:34:56 +0000 (GMT)

 Hi Re-Na

For Deleted Items or Sent Items folders, you can do Search or Find for them.
Delete these from the Find windows. Or you can get into the Outlook Express
folder through Windows Explorer--- C:\Windows\Application
Data\Identities\Microsoft\Outlook Express and delete the Sent Items.dbx file or
Deleted Items.dbx file. Before deleting these, make sure you back up your
messages in a temporary folder first and that your OE is closed. When you start
OE, these would be rebuilt automatically. Transfer your backed up messages back
into the appropriate folders.

Hope that helps.

Love

Tonia

  "G.R. Hanson" <grhanson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Is there a way to 'repair'
the 'sent' email folder in Outlook express.
I believe there is an 'inbox repair'. I was wondering about 'sent' or 'deleted'
messages repairs.
I have to do a defrag to get mine to not freeze. Otherwise it 'does not
respond'.

I just emptied the deleted folders contents yesterday, did a scandisk and
defrag last night, and already today it is freezing up on me. There can't be
THAT much in the folder now.

Whew, anyway, suggestions welcome!

Thanks in advance.

G.R. Hanson