[pchelpers] Re: program phoning home?

  • From: "GCox" <gcox@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 13:30:55 -0700

Scott I couldn't make head nor tails of all this info. Any ideas on what it
all means?. It looks like the IANA is collecting info for unnamed parties
who express specific interest in the pc broadcasting to them.

(7. Source Specific Multicast Block (232/8)

   The Source Specific Multicast (SSM) is an extension of IP Multicast
   in which traffic is forwarded to receivers from only those multicast
   sources for which the receivers have explicitly expressed interest,
   and is primarily targeted at one-to-many (broadcast) applications.
   Note that this block as initially assigned to the VMTP transient
   groups [IANA].)

Any ideas?

George