[pchelpers] Re: interesting

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tonia <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 19:58:01 -0500

Hi Tonia,

Monday, July 28, 2003, 10:43:00 AM, you wrote:
T> This is just one of a few accessibility options. Can be found at
T> Control Panel / Accessibility. This is to help those who are not
T> able to hit more than one key at a time maybe due to arthritis or
T> loss of a hand etc.

T> There are others like the Narrator, on-screen keyboard, sound
T> sentry etc. Check them out. Each feature is explained within its
T> tab.

Actually, it's not just disabled people who benefit. The on-screen
keyboard and MouseKeys are useful for touch-screen applications where
there is no keyboard and no mouse, only a touch-screen display.
Touch-screen applications (specifically, point-of-sale apps) usually
have their own on-screen keyboard, if needed, but the WinXP OnScreen
Keyboard and MouseKeys are suitable for when I have to make changes to
such a system, since the on-screen keyboard that comes with the app
typically only works within that app.

--Scott.