[pchelpers] help for a friend

  • From: "G.R. Hanson" <grhanson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCHelpers" <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 16:49:19 -0500

A friend emailed me this and I'm in the middle of a big project outside and
don't have time to research what to remove what or what the other one is so I'm
asking the list if they can reply and I'll let her know.
If she needs to download a program, let me know which one and I'll pass on the
info.  Make the program be the easiest that you can suggest as this is her very
first computer and she has not had it that long.  She is using windows xp.

Here is what she wrote:
I ran virus scan. Showed 4 unwanted files. I was able to delete 3. Could not
clean or delete 1. I quarantined it. Do you know how I can remove it. I could
not find it in my remove programs. It is called Hotbar. I have one called
windows media hot fix & it say's see 828026. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.
Re-Na Hanson / Arkansas USA