[pchelpers] XP

  • From: "Billyus" <billy.e@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <JW_Tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 08:44:29 +0100

Hello all..............yesterday I decided to fix my OE problem, you may recall
it was locking up when opening certain folders, so I decided with nothing to do
for that day, to format C and reinstall windows. First however, I had Win XP
lying around and waiting for an opportunity to try it.
I did, installed it fine, not probs at all, I even liked the look of it except
for that awful desk top picture. However as I said, it all went fine until I
tried to install the last of my current programs, and ones that I use quite a
lot and they wouldn't install.
Is there anyway around this, programs that will only run with 98, being able to
run with XP? I don't want to dual up OS's, my poor puter has enough problems
with all the other things I try to make it do from time to time.  Is it a case
of sticking with 98 if I want to use the progs I have now, or go out and buy
again, the latest versions that should work with XP?
Billy