[pchelpers] Re: XP

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Billyus <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 07:06:04 -0500

Hi Billyus,

Wednesday, July 9, 2003, 2:44:29 AM, you wrote:

B> However as I said, it all went fine until I tried to install the
B> last of my current programs, and ones that I use quite a lot and
B> they wouldn't install.

"Wouldn't install" is extremely vague; did the computer catch on fire
every time you tried it, or what? Even incompatible programs will
generally install, and furthermore, Windows may complain about them,
but they'll usually run anyway, without obvious problem.

If you think it's a compatibility issue, make sure that you have the
latest service pack and the latest set of application compatibility
patches from Windows Update (if there are any after you install the
service pack).

A list of the specific programs that you're having trouble with would
probably be helpful also.

And, last but not least, you can change the desktop picture, and you
can change the new start panel to the older start menu; right click on
the desktop and on the start bar and select Properties.

--Scott.