[pchelpers] What now!

  • From: "PcCowboy" <saddle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pchelper" <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 18:16:22 -0500

I have 3 things to ask about.
#1. This morning I opened up network folder, found my Office computer and
clicked on it.
I need to move some files over. After a short min. a login box popped up.
It was labeled "Connecting to Office" The user line was grayed out but in it was
OFFICE\guest. And it was waiting for a password. Now I do not have my office
computer set-up with a password. And I have the guest account disable.
So I went outside to my office to check it out. I ended up turning the
guest account back on. Now I can get to my computer without being ask
for a password. What happened? I have always disabled all guest accounts on
all my computers. Oh This is an XP Pro computer.

#2. I have another computer that when I start it up a login box with the name
Owner shows up. I have to hit enter to go on to the desktop. I wanted to
disable having Owner enter a password. I went to "Control Panel\Users Accounts"
There is no user named Owner. All the other users are listed but that one.
So where do I find User Owner?

#3. I have my office computer set up this way.
I have a marquee screen saver set up. It is bright Red
with real big words "Security System Activated Eagle Security Version 3.1"
Then I have a desktop background that is white with the words in Big red
Letters.
"Intruder Detected. Police has been notified"
My idea is that a person breaks in and sees the Security marquee he might think
twice
about messing with something. If he does touch the mouse the desktop background
will pop up and maybe the intruder alert will give him a scare or a heart
attack.
Now I know this won't fool anyone who know anything about computers, but who
says all
crooks are smart.
What I have been doing is at the end of the day I would turn on my screensaver,
switch the background
over to the intruder, and hide the desktop icons and task bar.
Then I had the idea, why don't I make an user account called "security" Then
switch over to
security set the screensaver, and background and such, and leave it that way.
Then at the end of the day I just log off and switch to the security user and
it is all set.
But every morning I open up to find that the User "security" has been logged
off and the
computer is waiting for someone to log on again. There must be a setting
somewhere
that has a time limit set for how long "security" can stay logged on.
All this just to ask where do I find the setting that set the time limit for
users?

Pc