[pchelpers] Re: Welcome newbiesu

  • From: "stephen R Moore" <stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 21:14:00 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Question

using Norton l used swap optimization to opimize my
HDD  and it took 100mb-how can l get that back? by
just deleting the file  win 386 where the space is held?
it does annoy me that all that space is  took up

thanks
stephen
Belper
Derbyshire
England

From: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 13 February 2002 20:56:58
To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pchelpers] Re: Welcome newbies

Do you have a lot of programms running in the background?
eg virus checker ect

From: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 13 February 2002 20:44:26
To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Why thank you everyone.

I came on hoping to cure my computer woes. my computer doesn't want to
defragment, it goes to 3% and started over, I have left it on at night to
defragment, and it is still only 3%.
Internet explorer takes 5 minutes to load, and then you put in another
address, another 5 minutes. AHHHHHH
I am running at 58% free.

I have a pentium 1, (Intel) with 160 megs of ram, my 4 gig HD is 75% full.
any ideas.
I want to just format 'C' and start over.

Timotheus