[pchelpers] Outlook Express & Web Bugs

  • From: "edwestern" <edwestern@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 17:09:15 -0700

 For what it's worth:
If your e-mail reader supports HTML (richly-formatted) messages, then somebody
can learn a bit about you just by sending you specially-prepared e-mail. Here
is a safe demonstration of the concept that you can try out and see for
yourself.
http://mackraz.com/trickybit/readreceipt/

 "There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the
picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will
bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a
whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can
roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or
sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour sit quietly and we will
control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your
television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are
about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to...
The Outer Limits."