[pchelpers] OT-Excessive info request

  • From: "Louis M Hall" <lhall1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:28:22 -0500

Yesterday, there was a recommendation for free software which
appealed to me. I clicked onto the site to find there was a charge
after a trial period. OK on that, but they wanted in advance my
credit card number with the private three digit code from the rear
of the card, my social security number, date of birth, street address,
phone number and possibly a couple of other items. In addition, they
wanted my Mother's Maiden name.

All of this was quite suspicious to me, so they may keep their software
and leave my page blank. I'm sure most of you would never reveal that
much information even to your parole officer.