[pchelpers] Re: Hard drive Optimization

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ekhart GEORGI (last name last)" <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 23:14:47 -0500

Hi Ekhart,

EGlnl> I haven't done anything of the sort. Haven't had time. Read in one of
EGlnl> the Dr. Gizmo texts i sent that one shouldn't fool around with the
EGlnl> swapfile in XP because the days are over when that was necessary. Have
EGlnl> heard other opinions on that though.

I had to increase my swapfile size, since my system regularly handles
huge files, and would occasionally tell me that it was increasing the
swapfile size.

EGlnl> Tried Bootvis but heard it no longer does anything except diagnose. It's
EGlnl> boot speed up features are already automatic in XP.

Take a look at http://www.autopatcher.com/autopatcherxp.html -- I ran
it, and one of the options was BootVis. I don't know if it was BootVis
or something else, but my system boots up noticeably faster now.

--Scott.