[pchelpers] Re: F paramete not set up

  • From: Ar19102@xxxxxxx
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 13:31:58 -0400 (EDT)

When I rebooted and left the disk 'on' it only would be recognized.

Then I tried the other way and rebooted, let the startup programs load, and
 got a crash.

One other time I got a crash also but I'm going to try it one more time (I
was fearful to do that). and thanks.  I will get back to you.

In a message dated 8/11/2012 10:01:51 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
abletec@xxxxxxxxx writes:
XCopy  does not work to image windows, as it does not copy hidden
files. Does the  external drive crash your pc once the pc is booted or
do u try to boot the  pc w/the drive attached? Please try attaching the
drive only after the pc  is booted & your desktop icons appear.

The syntax for the chkdsk  command is chkdsk /f /r (that's the forward
slash, i.e. the ? unshifted).  Since u appear to be familiar w/at least
some aspects of the command line,  u likely know that, but just a
friendly reminder.

If the computer  shop won't help, or u just don't trust 'em, contact me off
list.