[pchelpers] Re: F paramete not set up

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 07:01:44 -0700

XCopy does not work to image windows, as it does not copy hidden
files. Does the external drive crash your pc once the pc is booted or
do u try to boot the pc w/the drive attached? Please try attaching the
drive only after the pc is booted & your desktop icons appear.

The syntax for the chkdsk command is chkdsk /f /r (that's the forward
slash, i.e. the ? unshifted). Since u appear to be familiar w/at least
some aspects of the command line, u likely know that, but just a
friendly reminder.

If the computer shop won't help, or u just don't trust 'em, contact me off list.

--
Blame the computer--why not? It can't defend itself & occasionally
might even be the culprit