[pchelpers] Re: Drive not read by Window 7

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 07:43:21 +1200

On 6/05/2010 3:50 a.m., Inge wrote:
> I have an external hard drive and would like to use it for backups.
> However, it seems that I lost it somewhere along the line. It is not
> read by Windows 7. It shows in the Device Manager, but it does not
> show under Computer. There is no drive letter for it. It use to be
> Drive G. Now it is simply gone.
>
> How can I get Windows 7 to recognize that drive? Can someone tell me please?
>
> Inge
One technique that has worked in other cases has been to uninstall any
existing one and reinstall fresh. In most cases windows should detect
the connection when the drive is attached (unless the connection is
faulty or Windows is in poor condition.

--
Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>
ICQ number 571215671   Fax/Phone 64 4 5286786